ResChanger - My free software
OFFER FULLSCREEN SUPPORT TO YOUR SOFTWARE
Detailed description of ResChanger
ResChanger is a small software I developed with Delphi, which can run a given application after having changed the screen resolution. It can be used to run an application in fullscreen mode even if it has not been developed to be viewed in fullscreen, by setting the Windows screen resolution before running the application. The original resolution settings are of course restored as soon as the application exits.
Let's take an example: you've created a multimedia slideshow which has been designed to run on a 640x480 16-bit resolution. If you view it at an higher resolution, like 800x600 16-bit, it will either be centered on the screen with a black frame around the borders, or either stretched to fit on all the screen surface, which can lead to undesired visual glitches. ResChanger can correct this by changing the resolution to 640x480 (for instance) before running your slideshow.
Some screenshots from the software
Features list and version history
Features of version 1.0
* An application bundled with its sources in Delphi.
* Can switch to another screen resolution and restore the original settings.
* Fully free, without royalties, to be included in your own applications.
* Aims at offering a full-screen display to any application.
* Customizable interface for any application type: multimedia presentations, games...
* Bundled with the required components to compile the source code.
New features of version 1.1
* Safer program, which can wait for a few seconds after a resolution change to restore original settings, like with the display settings of the Windows control panel.
* Asks for user confirmation to stay in fullscreen mode.
* New version of the ResSwitcher component.
* Face-lifted interface with flat controls.
* Warning message if the application has already been run.
* The application can be now launched several times in a single session.
* To run an application, the program now use the ShellExecute function in addition to WinExec. This more powerful function can also work with documents, but as it can't run executable files renamed with fake extensions, WinExec is kept.
* New handling of errors related to the application running process.
* Added a function to detect Large Fonts mode from Windows.
* The units and a few program controls have been renamed.
* Updated my e-mail address into software files.
* Better commented and organized sourcecode.
List of known bugs in the latest version
Currently, no bugs have been found in the latest version of the software. If you want to submit one, click here.
Information, acknowledgements, additional notes...
ResChanger is based on two components created by Regardt Kruger. Thank you very much for all the help about them. These components are included with the software's source code.
Download this software and its associated files