I'm quite proud to present Heedeu's Travel, my very first game created with The Games Factory. It's a platform/adventure game where you must help Heedeu, a warrior from the assouets tribe, to find and take back the jewels which have been stolen to his village.
To succeed in his mission, he will have to cross three different worlds, each one having five levels, by any weather or daytime, avoiding obstacles, traps and enemies, jumping gaps, canyons, and fighting again each world's boss...
Heedeu's Travel is inspired from two Nintendo games, Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong Country. Indeed, Heedeu must move on a map (which actually represents the world where he is) to go on the different levels, like in Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario Bros 3. Level design is also very similar from these games.
The game includes a savegame system (three slots available) to get back to the game where you left it the last time, separate sound and music volume settings, setting to define Heedeu's initial health level (which actually defines the game's difficulty level), the ability to play with the keyboard or a gamepad...
The game is fast even on modest machines (tested successfully on a Pentium 233 MMX-based machine) including animations and scrollings... You also play it in fullscreen mode.
Many time has been spent on graphics and music. The game runs in 32,768 colors and each game scene has its own MIDI music. Two animated introduction and ending sequences are awaiting you as well...
This game remains of my biggest realisations... It's up to you now, maybe you will want to have a look on the below screenshots first. In any case, if you liked Super Mario and Donkey Kong Country, you are likely to appreciate Heedeu's Travel as well!
Features of version 1.0
* Inspired from Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong Country.
* 32,768 colors graphics.
* Selected sounds and stereo music.
* Three various worlds, 5 levels per world, hence a total of 15 levels.
* An adventure full of obstacles, enemies, gaps, canyons...
* A plot running at any moment of the day, under any weather.
* Multidirectional level scrollings, both vertical and horizontal.
* End-world bosses, bonus levels, introduction and ending animations.
* A non-violent game, without blood or shocking images, which can be played by children.
* Several options: savegames, adjustable difficulty level, sound mixing...
* Adjustable game keys, either with keyboard or gamepad.
* Fullscreen game display support.
* Runs perfectly on older configurations.
Currently, no bugs have been found in the latest version of the software. If you want to submit one, click here.